2018 KVAL Can Do! Food Drive to benefit FOOD for Lane County coming up April 12
KVAL News will be broadcasting LIVE all day long from the donation site at Fred Meyer on W. 11th in Eugene.
If you can't make it in person, you can order groceries online from Fred Meyer on W. 11th Avenue in Eugene and ask for them to be delivered to the food drive!
You can also donate from your mobile phone: Text "KVAL" to 41444 to make a donation.
Most Wanted Foods
You want to help FOOD for Lane County on Thursday, April 12, as part of the KVAL Can Do! Food Drive.
But which foods will do the most good?
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, corned beef)
- Low-sugar fruit, dried fruit, jams and jellies, unsweetened apple sauce
- Canned and dried beans (pinto, navy, kidney, refried)
- Canned stew, chili, hearty soups and broth
- Pasta, rice, cereal, corn meal
- Cooking oil and olive oil
- Canned tomato products (whole, paste, spaghetti sauce)
- Spices and sauces (mole, enchilada sauce, cumin, chilies)