Investigators believe heat lamp for family pets sparked Forest Grove house fire

Investigators believe a heat lamp used for pet rabbits sparked a house fire in Forest Grove on April 10, 2018. Photo courtesy Forest Grove Fire and Rescue

FOREST GROVE, Ore. – Forest Grove Fire and Rescue responded to a house fire early Tuesday morning.

The call came in around 2 a.m. from 2225 Pacific Ace.

Officials say it was an older home built around 1900.

Crews battled heavy flames in the garage. They say the fire also caused some exterior damage to the home.

A family of four evacuated safely.

Unfortunately, several pet rabbits that were in the garage died.

Investigators suspect a heat lamp for the rabbits sparked the fire.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off