Philomath starts $20M remodel of high school
Contractors broke ground June 9 on a $20 million Philomath School District project to renovate the high school.
The project is funded by a $29.5 million school construction bond that passed with 81 percent approval, the highest approval percentage ever in the state of Oregon.
The rest of the funding was allotted for the district elementary and middle school upgrades and infrastructure.
Philomath High School Construction Fact Sheet
- General Contractor: Skanska
- Size of project - 140,000 square feet
- Project costs - $20 million overall cost
- Groundbreaking - June 9, 2011
- Start north classroom, administration and commons - August 23, 2011
- Complete southwest classroom - August 29, 2011
- Completion - August 31, 2012
- Renovated classroom wing
- Additional two-story classroom wing
- New administration
- New gymnasiums
- Tilt-up concrete construction
- Large timber framing elements