Firefighters fix up boy's burned bed

ALBANY, Ore. - Firefighters who responded to a house fire June 11 on Calapooia Street took particular interest in a 4-year-old boy's bed.

The boy, Chase, lived with his grandfather Ron Johnson at the house. He had a bed that looked like a red fire engine - and the house fire damaged it.

Firefighters brought the bed back to the fire station and started to work on it. With the help of Home Depot and the Sleep Center and the work of many firefighters, Chase has a new bed, the Albany Fire Department said.

On Wednesday, July 13, Chase and his family will be presented with the new and improved bed at the fire station on 110 SE 6th in Albany at noon.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off