MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Teen electrocuted after using cell phone while taking a bath

Teen electrocuted after using cell phone while taking a bath (CNN Van video)

A 14-year-old girl is dead after family members say she was electrocuted while using her cell phone in a bathtub.

According to KCBD, Madison Coe reached for her cell phone from the bathtub while it was plugged into a charger in her father's Lovington, N.M. bathroom.

"There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that's what had happened," her grandma told KCBD.

"This is such a tragedy that doesn't need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging."

Her family hopes Madison's story will warn others about the dangers of using electronics around water.


Trending