Umpqua Community College celebrates commencement Friday
ROSEBURG, Ore. – Umpqua Community College will be celebrating this year’s commencement ceremony on Friday, June 15, at 6 p.m.
The College will be awarding more than 400 degrees and certificates.
Some graduates are receiving more than one degree and/or certificate.
Here is the breakdown of the potential degrees and certificates to be awarded:
- AAOT (Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree) = 148
- AS (Associate of Science) = 25
- AGS (Associate of General Studies) = 15
- AAS (Associate of Applied Science) = 136
- Certificates = 70
- Pathway Certificates = 37
This year, there are at least two noteworthy highlights:
- Two students are simultaneously graduating from Roseburg High School and UCC. Along with receiving their high school diplomas, each has earned the credits necessary to graduate with an associate degree from UCC.
- An 81 year-old military veteran is graduating with an Associate of Applied Science in Welding degree.
In addition to the traditional pomp and circumstance, UCC will also present 2009 UCC alumna Rosa Mohlsick as its commencement guest speaker.
Friday’s ceremony takes place outdoors in Swanson Amphitheatre, located at the main UCC campus.