MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Woman in shower when water heater sparks fire

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - A woman was taking a shower when her water heater sparked a fire in an apartment complex Monday morning, firefighters said.

The tenant said she was thankful her two kids are at school and safe.

No one was injured. The fire has left the family without a home.

Firefighters responeded to a report of a fire at the Mountain View Townhouses at 8:41 a.m.

Crews arrived on scene 4 minutes later. They found the fire in a second floor apartment.

Residents evacuated while firefighters knocked down the flames.

The Red Cross said the fire displaced three adults and two children.

Trending