Space heater blamed in fatal trailer fire along Oregon coast

SEAL ROCK, Ore. (AP) - A woman and two children have died in a fire in a trailer home along the Oregon coast that authorities believe began accidentally when a space heater set fire to combustible material.

The Lincoln County sheriff's department says the fire was reported about 6:30 a.m. Friday in Seal Rock, south of Newport.

The victims were not immediately identified.

Paul Highfill, a volunteer with the Seal Rock Rural Fire Protection District, says he was paged early Friday morning and arrived in a subdivision to find two motorhomes engulfed in flames.

The fire spread to a towable, fifth-wheel trailer, where the bodies of the woman and two children were discovered.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)