component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      51
      Friday
      54 / 42
      Saturday
      55 / 47
      Sunday
      54 / 49

      Passerby saves family dog from house fire

      EUGENE, Ore. - A passerby kicked in the door of a burning house and let the family's dog out before firefighters arrived on scene Monday.

      The family of 4 wasn't home at the time. Neighbors held the dog while firefighters knocked down the flames.

      "It appears that it started at the outside by a barbecue or maybe a bicycle or something," said Cori Dupont, who witnessed the fire. "It's all on fire. It went up the wall and into the attic."

      Firefighters responded to a house fire at 1092 Almaden Street in Eugene on Monday afternoon.

      The emergency response closed W. 11th westbound at Taylor Street.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER