MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Neighbor pounded on door to alert residents to fire

A neighbor heard smoke detectors going off at a duplex early Tuesday morning and ran to alert the people inside, firefighters said. Firefighters had the blaze out in about 15 minutes. (SBG)

EUGENE, Ore. - A neighbor heard smoke detectors going off at a duplex early Tuesday morning and ran to alert the people inside, firefighters said.

"Whoever that neighbor is, I hope they understand they saved someone's life this morning," ?Battalion Chief Brian Smith with Eugene-Springfield Fire Department said. "We're all very happy when we can show up and everybody's accounted for and we're able to just limit the fire to where it started and extended a bit in the structure behind us."

The fire was reported in the Murnane Street duplex around 4:45 a.m.

Firefighters had the fire out in about 15 minutes.

The house is uninhabitable due to smoke damage, displacing 5 people.

Trending