Kitchen fire fills home with smoke

EUGENE, Ore. - Everyone got out of a north Eugene home OK after a kitchen fire sent smoke through the house Monday morning.

The cause of the fire and extent of the damage at 152 E. Hatton Avenue is under investigation.

Firefighters arrived just before 11 a.m. to find everyone out of the house - and the home full of smoke.

Within minutes, crews had knocked down the kitchen fire.

Firefighers had to cut a hole in the roof to get smoke and heat out of the house.

A search of the home's interior confirmed no one was inside. There were no initial reports of injuries.