MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Investigators pin fire on 'catastrophic failure' of exhaust fan

JUNCTION CITY, Ore. - An exhaust fan in the women's restroom at Subway suffered a "catastrophic failure" that set fire to the building.

The Junction City fire chief said investigators for the insurance company determined the fire started with the fan.

Firefighters spent hours battling the blaze.

The fire claimed the restaurant, an adjacent flower store and some offices.

The fire broke out just four days after Christmas and put at least a dozen people out of work.

Trending