EUGENE, Ore. - The weather this past kept many donors from giving blood to the Lane Blood Center.
Now the blood center is asking the public for help to prevent a blood shortage.
All blood types are needed.
You can donate blood at the donor center at 2211 Willamette Street from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays or 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
Upcoming blood drives include:
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., at the Springfield Community Blood Drive at Willamalane Community Recreation Center, 250 S. 32nd in Springfield
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m., at Hop Valley Brewing Company Tasting Room, West 1st Ave., in Eugene
- Monday, Dec. 16, 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m., at Lowell High School, 65 South Pioneer in Lowell
- Monday, Dec. 16, from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. at Keller Williams, 2644 Suzanne Way in Eugene
- Tuesday, Dec. 17, 3 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., at Grace Community Fellowship, 989 Country Club Rd. in Eugene
You can visit www.laneblood.org or call 541-484-9111 for more details or to schedule your appointment.
To donate you must be at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 lbs., be in general good health and have eaten a meal with protein within four hours of your donation.