component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      51
      Monday
      63 / 45
      Tuesday
      62 / 47
      Wednesday
      58 / 43

      Fire crews rescue dog after stove fire spreads through kitchen

      EUGENE, Ore. - Firefighters rescued a dog from a burning house Saturday night after flames from a stove fire that spread through the kitchen of a North Eugene home, the Eugene/Springfield Fire Department said.


      Fire officials said the two people living at the home had made it out safely by the time they arrived at the scene at around 8:50 p.m. Saturday.


      The fire started on a stove top and spread to the kitchen cabinets. Firefighters kept the flames contained to the kitchen and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes, officials said.


      Eugene/Springfield Fire said that fire crews rescued a dog from the structure that was heavily damaged by smoke.


      The Red Cross will help the two residents that were temporarily displaced by the fire.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER