MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family of 7 displaced after their Salem home burns

(SBG image)

SALEM, Ore. -- A family of seven is without a place to stay just weeks away from Christmas after flames burned through their Salem home.

Firefighters say they had to wait an hour before entering the home to put out hot spots because of electrical arcing.

Firefighters say the blaze sparked in the garage of a home in the 4500 block of Balm Court late Sunday morning.

One neighbor described waking up to the sound of electrical sparking.

“I was in my bedroom and I heard loud banging noises, popping,” said Cody Hill. “So when I first came out, the house was already pretty much entirely engulfed in flames."

Firefighters say they were able to keep the flames from spreading to neighboring homes.

Five kids and two adults were displaced.

Trending