EUGENE, Ore. - Police urged motorists to stay home as crashes on snow-covered streets continued to plague city streets Friday.
A truck hit a tree and car near 28th and Chambers, and numerous slow-speed crashes were littering the roads with disabled vehicles.
At least 160 traffic crashes were called in to 911 between 4 a.m. and 2 p.m.
As of 2 p.m., police urged motorists to avoid the following locations, some of which were closed to traffic or clogged by car crashes:
- 30th Ave between Hilyard & LCC, especially near Spring Boulevard. Numerous vehicles sliding and blocking traffic
- Beltline near River Rd., numerous vehicles off the road and into the ditch
- 24th east of Willamette is closed
- 13th east of Garfield
- Chambers from 24th to the top of the Hill
- 28th - Almaden to Chambers
- Ferry Street Bridge
- Willamette from 32nd to 35th
- Off ramp from 6th avenue to I-105
Beltline is open but a mess, police said.