78
      Saturday
      87 / 53
      Sunday
      85 / 53
      Monday
      83 / 53

      Chimney fire downtown at restaurant

      EUGENE, Ore. - The Eugene Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at Ambrosia Restaurant and Bar in downtown Eugene around 9:30 Friday morning.

      Firefighters told KVAL News that creosote buildup inside the chimney must have built up and caught fire.

      But the manager of the restaurant said they had just replaced the chimney.

      Firefighters said by the time the department responded to the fire it had put itself out and only smoke was visible.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER