2018 KVAL Can Do! Food Drive to benefit FOOD for Lane County coming up April 11
KVAL News will be broadcasting LIVE all day long from the donation site at Fred Meyer on W. 11th in Eugene.
You can also donate from your mobile phone: Text "KVAL" to 41444 to make a donation.
Most Wanted Foods
You want to help FOOD for Lane County on Wednesday, April 11, as part of the KVAL Can Do! Food Drive.
But which foods will do the most good?
FOOD for Lane County identifies the following as the "Most Wanted Foods" for the food bank:
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, corned beef)
- Low-sugar fruit, dried fruit, jams and jellies, unsweetened apple sauce
- Canned and dried beans (pinto, navy, kidney, refried)
- Canned stew, chili, hearty soups and broth
- Pasta, rice, cereal, corn meal
- Cooking oil and olive oil
- Canned tomato products (whole, paste, spaghetti sauce)
- Spices and sauces (mole, enchilada sauce, cumin, chilies)