MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Grants Pass Fire rescue saves dog in house fire

Rural Metro Fire use a Pet Oxygen Mask on a dog saved from a burning home. (Rural Metro Fire-Josephine County)

Grants Pass Fire Rescue respond to a structure fire around 6:51 Friday morning in the 500 block of Midland Avenue.

Fire crews say when they arrived they found a dog laying inside the home near the kitchen area.

The dog was taken by the Grants Pass Police Department. With the help of Rural Metro and American Medical Response they where able revive the dog with a canine oxygen mask . The dog was later taken to Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center in Central Point. The dog is well.

Firefighters say there was no one else inside the home and believe the fire started due to an unattended cooking error.

The department reminds the community to have working smoke detectors in their homes.





Trending