MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Firefighters save dog from burning Algona home

Valley Fire firefighter Terry Robinson carries a dog to safety after three other firefighters rescue it from a burning home in Algona. (Photo: Valley Fire Regional Authority)

ALGONA, Wash. -- Firefighters managed to rescue a family dog from a burning home in Algona Tuesday morning.

A neighbor reported the fire in the 400 block of 4th Ave. S. around 11:15 a.m., according to officials with the Valley Regional Fire Authority.

An Algona police officer made it to the scene first and kicked in the door to search for anyone inside. He didn't see anyone and then had to back out due to heat and smoke. Firefighters arrived moments later to find the home engulfed in flames.

As they doused the fire, a firefighter made it inside to search and found the family dog huddled in a utility closet. It was brought to safety.

Officials determined the family of six who lived in the home weren't there and no one was hurt.

Investigators are still looking into what started the fire. The four adults, teenager and infant who live in the home are being provided temporary housing by their insurance company.

Trending