MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family of 5 and their 2 cats escape house fire OK



From a press release | Learn to post your own

Got photos of the fire? Share them on YouNews

On the morning of March 11th at 5:14am the Albany Fire Department was called to a house fire at 3305 SE Columbus.

Upon arriving there was smoke observed coming from a bedroom window. The fire was a first alarm which means that all four Albany fire stations responded with about 20 firefighters and 10 vehicles.

The owners of the home, Keith and Chantilly Gabensky along with their three children and two cats all escaped. Although there was a minor burn injury that happened trying to put the fire out. The fire was believed to be caused by a blanket on a heater that ignited which in turn caused the bed to ignite.

The family had insurance. The estimated loss is approximately $20,000.



Trending